Friday 9 July 2010

Staying Power

" Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee !" Isaiah 12:6.

The difference between success and failure ; between despair , defeat and victory is the ability to stay afloat and surmount all obstacles.
The human spirit is endued with a survival instinct . When this is enhanced with the dynamo of the Holy Spirit in any life, that life is marked for lofty heights!
I have seen and read about this vital power in many human lives who are success stories , indeed.
My late mother was one of such women who succeeded in life and overcame life's travails , with flying colours ; by the staying power of God.
Mama believed in and befriended the Holy Spirit and she was a winner , indeed !
I thank God for the honour of having been born , bred , loved and taught the vital life-skills I know, by such a great woman.

Looking back ,I marvel at the amount of activities I have ticked off on my "to do" list in the past years and especially in recent weeks.
In my life journey, where would I be , what or who am I without the Grace of God ?
I have always known that ,naturally , I am dogged and strong-willed ; that I thrive in situations which would floor most people and perform better when I am stretched for time and when I am beset with targets to be met.
Recently , I have marvelled at the strength in me which has affirmed , beyond measure that the source of this supernatural staying power is not my own strength but a Power way out of the natural realm!
May we receive the insight never to trust on our own knowledge and abilities; but to always draw strength from that Well that never dries up.
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew strength; they shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles ; they shall run , and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint . Isaiah 40:31.

What this power is, I cannot say.
All I know is that it exists
and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind
in which you know exactly what you want.
and are fully determined not to quit until you get it.
-Alexander Graham Bell


But for this strength of the Lord, how could I have remained focused , filled with peace and joy to perform my normal duties to God and my fellow men; to run a business , a home , study and prepare to write my second degree exams this month?
Also, I have had to cope with the trauma of the passing away of my darling mother , and to travel home to plan and prepare for her forthcoming funeral.
For this supernatural strength ,which the Father freely bestows on all who ask for it I give thanks and I pray for more strength in the coming weeks , months and years.
When I think of the Father's love for me , I am reassured and I give thanks that He provides the staying power His children need and He provides this at the right moment and in the right measure. Blessed be His holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment