Saturday 19 January 2013

Utter the memory of His Goodness


For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?
Psalms 18:31.
During this season of  the beginning of a new year  , whatever your refrain  or your  song , have  you paused to appreciate the gift of life which is your gift of  getting a second chance; of  "going for it" and achieving those elusive dreams?
For some people, this is the time to lift up their faces , their hearts and their hands in praises , worship and thanksgiving to God.

But for others , it is the time for bitter  reflections , time to regret the missed opportunities and to declare that : "Phew! Never again! That was a very bad year! Why me?"
Yes  maybe the facts  of your situation indicate it was a (very) bad year , even  your  worst year so far.
The lie of the matter is saying or  even believing that going through bad times are a sign that you and anyone who are the victims of such challenges were punished because God forsook them because they did something  wrong ;or  that they did not  speak or practise "enough faith" 
But the TRUTH of the matter is :
God did not say  righteous  people would not pass through afflictions. He said :
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. 
Psalms 34: 19.
* You still are standing  AND you saw the back of  it  all and so you are the VICTOR !
The bad times are mirages which have passed on ; they  passed with their intentions of flooring you. The bad times  bowed out of the boxing arena as defeated foes  : and so you are standing as  the winner !.
"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance  ".  Psalm 42: 5.

The shout of a king is in the camp of  favoured people! Numbers 23: 21
In the camp of  praise , there is vibrant  life , there is Hope unto Faith and Faith gets God's attention .
Which camp are you in , on whose side are you ?
Just in case you have forgotten how to praise God or  you do not even know what you should praise God for and why you should praise God , let me remind you of why and how to praise Him. 
Join me  to praise this wonderful God  and by the time you're  half way through this my  write-up , you will get up , and
dance with the shouts of praise!
They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness ". Psalms 145: 7.

 Give God praise because as a mother hen broods over her chicks so the Lord surrounds us  and our families.
* He is our rock and fortress as the mountains surround Jerusalem.
* Who delivered us from our enemies and from the jaws of death?
* Who delivered us from the evil epidemics during the day and the terrors of the night while we were vulnerable and helpless in deep slumber ?
God did not charge us any " doctor's consultation fees" for our good health, neither did He charge us for being our security , day and night.
" Who forgives all your iniquities,Who heals all your diseases, " Psalms 103:3.
Wh  lovin
The modern day "Gehazis" all over the world , if they were God who has all the power to do wonders; they would  not " let my people go, for free!"; they would have demanded that  afflicted people gave them huge "offerings and sow seeds" before people could receive forgiveness and miracles. .( 2 Kings 5 : 20 - 27 ) 
* Praise God for His mercy and goodness upon the poor , the needy and the helpless !
If God  made the demand that "The bigger your offering , the bigger your miracle!", what would be the fate of the poor and the helpless ? Then the poor would get nothing , they would remain desolate , remain afflicted and  they would  perish ..
Praise God that God is not like men and women ! God hears the cry of the poor and lifts them up from the dust and dung hill ; to set them  in  royal palaces ,  to sit with the princes of the land . 1 Samuel  2 : 8 . 
He is the Strong  tower and the God of mercy ,  both to the poor and to the rich .
"They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles ". Psalm 34 :5,6.

*My God is  my impenetrable Shield who has my  back always.
* God is my unconditional Lover , even for ever.
* He is my defender in the times of battle and has not allowed my foes to rejoice over me.
 * He is my Father, my Husband , my Brother and my True Friend who remains faithful and  unchanging in ALL weather.
* My God is the infallible and irremovable Crown on my head and He is my solid covering .He has placed His eternal ring on my finger .
* God is the reliable Husband who would not run away : He is ever-present " for richer , for poorer , in sickness and in health" ; even for ever more!
* God is the veritable Unchanging Lover whose love for us remains constant not only when we are young, good looking with good jobs , but even in our old age when we are wrinkled , weak and retired ( O.A.P.s ! ). 
" And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you:
 I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you".
Isaiah 46:4.

* Those who trust in Him are Mount Zion which cannot  be shaken or removed.
* He made my feet like hinds' feet and set me upon my high places; to access the unreached and unreachable people.
God has given me unrestricted access into His  presence and He has invited me  into His Banqueting  Hall.
* He delivered us , He saved our souls and He has given  us Eternal Life.
If men were God , they would ensure that  the access to Heaven and Eternal Life is barred to all others EXCEPT  themselves  and their families and maybe as second choices, their closest friends and people  from their own church , from their  tribe , country and race , ONLY !!

 * God  has been a Light  to every darkness ; He has guided me along  the right path.
 *I have sown fields and planted vineyards which have yielded much increase.
He has set a table before me and there is  nothing  my enemies can do about it !
I am shinning , I am glowing  and have become exceedingly great !
He fills my mouth will laughter and with His praise , all the day.
He puts a dance in  my feet and a song of deliverance in  my  mouth !
* He  decorates me with His glorious covering and decorative ornaments .
He perfumes my life with His aroma of success and honour!
He fills my  mouth with good stuff and renews my  youth like that of a young lion.
* By God's favour , He has made my mountain to stand strong .
I rule and reign in the midst  of my enemies.
God has made those who rose up against  me  to fall for my sake .
Everyone who has spoken against  me has been condemned and put  to shame. 

Please , let us praise the Lord, always.
Remember , it is God who  has exalted your horn with honour. The wicked see it and are grieved ; they melt away.
 The desire of the wicked against you and your family has perished.
 Let it be your life-style  to count your blessings all the time ; appreciate what the Lord has done and what He is doing  now for you and your family ; and then you  and evn your detractors will surely declare that :
"This is the Lord's doing and it  is marvellous in our sight ! ".
Remain blessed indeed. May our mouths be filled with His praise and His honour , all the day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment